Thanksgiving Weekend – Black Hills Events
For many folks, today is the last day of the work week before an extended Thanksgiving weekend. After today, many of us will spend time with family, enjoy a good meal, watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and some football and just completely relax.
This weekend should be a good one for some much needed R&R here in the hills, but it’ll also be a good one to get out and participate in some holiday kick-off activities. And there are a bunch of them! Here’s just a sampling of the festive events taking place in the communities around the region the next few days. Click on any one of them below for more details.
- Holiday Express on the 1880 Train, Hill City
- Storybook Island Christmas Lighting Display kick-off, Rapid City
- Old Tyme Hill City Christmas, Hill City
- Homestake Opera House Festival of Trees, Lead
- Community Christmas Tree Lighting and Parade of Lights, Rapid City
- Wyoming Winter Wonderland Parade, Newcastle, WY
Whether you round up the family and attend some of these special holiday events or just hunker down in a cabin in the hills with a warm fire this weekend, take time to enjoy the natural beauty of the Black Hills around you. From all of us at the travel blog, have a great weekend and happy Thanksgiving!