Did it happen to slip your mind that tomorrow is Valentine’s Day? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! We’ve compiled a list of last-minute ideas for each Black Hills community—and it’s sure to help you find the perfect way to spoil your sweetie, no matter your budget or style. Now get out there and spread the love!
- If you’re searching for the perfect Valentine’s Day gift for your special someone, the folks at the Legendary Sturgis Buffalo Chip firmly believe that those who ride together stay together. This is a perfect time of year to secure your passes to this year’s 35th anniversary celebration.
- Visit the Buglin’ Bull Restaurant and Sports Bar on Saturday for their “Dinner for Two” special including Prime Rib and cold-water lobster tail. All entrees will include a rose for your sweetheart. Or join them on Sunday for a Valentine’s Brunch from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Crazy Horse Memorial will be featuring Valentine’s Day dinner specials on Saturday and Sunday. Reservations requested. Call for more information: 605-673-4681
- Show your honey that love is in the air with Black Hills Balloons! Book a gift certificate for your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day and receive $30 off per passenger! Use code “HEARTS16” online at www.blackhillsballoons.com before 2/14/16.
Custer State Park:
- Be spontaneous with a special weekend cozied up in a Blue Bell Log Cabin featuring stone fireplaces in beautiful Custer State Park…enjoy a 1-night stay package for $119 or a 2-night stay package for $198. Creekside Lodge Rooms are also available for $99/night. For full weekend details, click here. Or make a day trip to the park to savor an incredible “Surf-N-Turf” Valentine’s dinner in the Blue Bell dining room on Saturday or Sunday night.
- Soak up the breathtaking scenery with your love on the fitting “Lover’s Leap” guided hike, taking place on Saturday at 1:00pm at the Peter Norbeck Outdoor Education Center. Reservations are required: (605) 255-4515.
- Take your relationship to new heights by hiking to the top of Harney Peak together! This popular summer summit is much less traveled during the winter months. You’ll feel like you’ve got the whole place to yourselves!
- Deadwood is home to a wide variety of romantic accommodations and dining options. The Lodge at Deadwood offers beautiful rooms and two on-site restaurants. The Silverado Franklin complex also offers wonderful dining options with Legends Steakhouse inside the Franklin, and the Grand Buffet at the Silverado. The Gem Steakhouse and Saloon at the Mineral Palace offers hand-cut steaks and fine wine in a fun atmosphere. Or for a home-style meal, hit up the Creekside Restaurant in the Deadwood Gulch Gaming Resort.
- If you really want to treat your sweetie to a bit of luxury, schedule an appointment at one of Deadwood’s premier spas. Akela Spa boasts a breathtaking sanctuary on the outskirts of town that is guaranteed to pamper your love. They also provide services inside the Deadwood Mountain Grand in the “Grand Spalon.”
- For a more unique stay, enlist the expertise of Executive Lodging to find you a romantic cabin for the perfect getaway—or combine a desire for relaxation with adrenaline at Mystic Hills Hideaway & Restaurant. You and your honey can rent snowmobiles and let out your wild sides during the day, and then snuggle up and unwind together in a comfy cabin in the evening. It’s win-win.
- Valentine’s Day celebrations aren’t limited to just one day. For an absolutely one-of-a-kind stay, get your couple friends together and go in on renting a few days at the Chateau de Soleil—featuring several bedrooms, an arcade game room, and their famous Hobbit-inspired tree house.
- Downtown Hill City is really getting into the spirit of the holiday with their “Tour de Chocolate” on Saturday from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Take your special someone out for a little shopping spree of their own, and indulge in fine chocolates while doing so! In conjunction with this event, the Polar Bear Chili Cook-Off will also be held downtown. Come hungry and enjoy your day in the “Heart of the Hills”!
- What pairs perfectly with chocolates and flowers? Wine and dessert, of course! The weekend’s featured desserts at the Prairie Berry Kitchen include Spiced Chocolate Fondue for two for $15 and their Trio of Chocolates for $7. These features are available both Saturday and Sunday.
- For a fun couples date, head to Naked Winery for their Saturday afternoon “Canvas to Paint” event, starting at 2 p.m.
- What better way to relax than to soak in the healing waters at Evans Plunge? They will be showcasing all of their recent renovations and upgrades the weekend of Valentine’s Day with buy-one, get-one special admissions on both Saturday and Sunday.
- Pamper your honey with a getaway to the FlatIron Historic Sandstone Inn. Enjoy a stay in one of their luxurious suites!
- Spend a day soaking up the sun and fresh powder at Terry Peak and Deer Mountain. Both offer excellent opportunities for skiing and snowboarding, and Deer Mountain also has their exciting Zero Graving Tube Park. Make it a weekend event by reserving one of the cozy cabins on either mountain.
- Enjoy music from the jazz greats at the Historic Homestake Opera House on Saturday at 7 p.m., featuring The Jazz Collective with Jami Lynn. Call 605-584-2067 or get seats at the door.
- The Homestake Chophouse boasts “Casual Dining in a Beautiful Setting” with menu options that include wild game, fresh seafood, and certified Angus beef steaks.
- There’s nothing more picturesque than ice skating hand-in-hand with your love, and Main Street Square is the perfect setting! The ice skating rink at Main Street Square will be open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday.
- The 445 Martini Lounge, connected to the Adoba Hotel, is hosting their 2nd Annual Valentine’s Masquerade Ball on Saturday starting at 9 p.m. Get dressed up (the best dressed couple wins $100!) and spend the night jamming to entertainment by Funk Nasty! Tickets are $30 at the door and include your mask, aphrodisiac hor d’oeuvers, unlimited champagne and bellinis, and a raw bar provided by Dakota Seafood. Combine your tickets with affordable room rate packages for a complete weekend of fun.
- Elkhorn Ridge RV Resort & Cabins near Spearfish is open year-round and offers a wide selection of cabins to help you plan an impromptu getaway.
- Consider the 10-minute drive from Spearfish to Beulah, WY for a delicious meal at the Buffalo Jump Saloon and Steakhouse. They are featuring a full list of Valentine’s Specials to mark the occasion—available both Saturday and Sunday.
- Take advantage of the moderate temps and beautiful snowy scenery in stunning Spearfish Canyon. Plan a day of snowshoeing or snowmobiling for maximum fun.
- Stay at Rim Rock Lodge for a secluded retreat in Spearfish Canyon. Surrounded by steep canyon walls with breathtaking views, this historic property has newly renovated cabins and three new luxury suites. Perfect for a romantic getaway!
- Spearfish Canyon Lodge is offering a Romantic Rendezvous Package deigned for a couples weekend away. Enjoy an inviting rose-petal turn down with a bottle of champagne, and a romantic basket upon arrival. Escape to a secluded spot where the outside world is a near or far as you’d like it to be.